Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hard Drive Failure

So you can assume my weekend so far has been "eventful." Due to my computer's logic board shorting out a few nights ago and my my external drive being damaged by the school's computers (I could go into more detail but I think we'll be fine with just the gist of things) all of my seminar work was erased. There were no back ups. I have just finished spending the better part of two days with my computer savvy friend attempting to recover what was lost. Combined total of recovered files, pictures I posted here and the internet I have 22 recovered files out of the 30+ I had finished.

To make matters worse, most of these files where just .png, which makes editing them on a grander scale nearly impossible. I'm going to be spending a lot of time now trying to recreate what I lost, be grateful you don't have to deal with this.

However, there is a sorta of consolation good news to come out of all this. Simplicity. Sure, I have lost a considerable amount of work and am unable to make any notable edits to any of my existing/surviving pieces but now I know better than to dump so much into one piece. Do I need to make 100 images like I thought I would? No, but it would be nice. So this whole experience has given me a chance to look at things the other way. One shower, a bowl of cereal and a fresh set of clothes later, I'm working to get my work back while making as much new material as possible.

Makes everything seem kinda happy. Let's see how long it lasts.

-Jordan


No comments:

Post a Comment