Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Existential listmaking (cont.)

These all use the same series of words taken from the lists I found myself making while in existential crisis mode last semester. I had originally only completed a white version because that’s all I had time for, but had planned on doing two other colors. I am really glad I followed through with these, as it gives each individual collage more visual weight when seen ensemble.




Now that I have finished all of the series/collages I set out to rebuild and complete at the beginning of the semester, I am in a little bit of a bind trying to figure out what to do next. I need to seriously figure out what I want to do with the exhibition in May, but I am having trouble coming up with that extra something that will really complete the works (and also, ideally, connect everything to my project title of Digestions). Right now I am stuck on this idea of a clean and simple grid of all of the 8x8 panels on the wall (or floor?). If I do decide to go in this direction then I may spend some more time developing a new series of collages that I have been thinking about, but at the same time I don't want to create them and still feel in a few weeks that I need something more for the exhibition. Any thoughts, ideas, comments, anything would be greatly greatly appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment