Monday, January 31, 2011

TRANSMITTER/RECEIVER


This weekend I wrote up a schedule for myself. Last semester I was pretty unfocused, so I am determined to make the most of my time now. I have broken up the semester into fifteen weeks, and have assigned a project to each week. Some projects last for two weeks, but most of them are one-week explorations. This is, of course, just a guide for myself. New projects may be added and existing projects may be changed or removed.
This first week, 1/30 – 2/5, will be spent on what I am tentatively titling Transmitter/Receiver Masks.












These masks will be made of an opaque, stretchy fabric. One mask will have holes only for the ears to poke through, and the other will have a hole only for the mouth. They will be tight around the skull, and loose around the neck.
I began a simple mock-up, but it didn’t come out very well. It was much too tight, and though I was able to put it on, it was incredibly uncomfortable to wear. I will have to be more generous with my sizing next time around, and will take it in as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment